Thursday 24 January 2013

Man Steps in Dog Muck - Shoes Ruined

A pensioner from Weaste today contacted the Moanchester Evening Views to tell us of his shocking experiences.

Arthur Snow was walking down Langworthy Road, Weaste, he felt a strange soft feeling underfoot.  He carried on walking but noticed leaves were sticking to his shoe, and a foul smell.

"I said to my wife, Daisy, 'Is that you'",  he told our reporter, via Twitter.  "But she denied it".  Only when I got home and sat down in our front room did I notice I'd left a trail of dog mud all over our shag pile carpet.  My shoes were ruined too.

Is there dog muck in your area?  Check now on our interactive map.


View Larger Map

8 comments:

  1. I blame global warming, if we had proper winters like we did in my youth, the dog muck would have been frozen and kids would have used it as a makeshit tennis ball.

    Typical of this ConDem party, going back on their green promises, well this is the result folks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another compo claim scumbag souring our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the interactive map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to find out how to put random dots on it like the rival rag does.

      Delete
  4. Does anybody remember the old fashioned 'calcified' dogs' eggs? Instead of spoiling your shoes they'd give a satisfying crunch when you steppped on them.

    I suppose today's dogs are too soft to eat bones, and pensioners like Mr Snow are paying the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was when dogs ate a lot of dry food, whereas today I think they mostly eat soft food from tins

      Delete
    2. I thought it was something peculiar to poodles. 40 years ago they were popular and the streets were littered with the small white nuts, and I put the decline in them down to there being fewer poodles on the loose.

      Round our way, you'd be hard pressed to stand in the stuff now. The locals have taken to hanging it in the hedgerows. That's what Weaste lacks, more hedges and trees for cleaner carpets.

      Delete
    3. I think the poo-hanging ritual is a throwback to the Norse 'Tree of Life' Yggdrasil. In some way these dog walkers are sacrificing their dog's poo to be given back to nature.

      Delete